Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Saturday

What a beautiful day outside!  I am so tickled to finally see some sunshine.  I really thought I would go crazy if it didn't come out soon.  So, what more than a little vitamin D to inspire my creativity!

First up is a baby blanket that I sewed for my friend that is expecting a girl.  This is the first thing that I have ever sewn in my life.  With a mini-lesson from my mom-in-law, and a great deal at Jo-Ann's on fabric, I present to you my finished product.




I realize the picture is dark (darn you iphone 3Gs....) but on one side it is abc fabric in bright colors and the back is a beautiful turquoise.  I also added a cute elephant on the back since she loves them!

Next is a birthday card I made for my brother-in-law.  I used my newest embossing folder and the inlaid embossing technique found here.  I think this is so cool and adds a unique element to an otherwise simple card. 


Anyway, I thought it turned out cute.  I am excited about using this technique more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment