Sunday, March 27, 2011

Candles

A while back ago, I saw the neatest thing with candles.  It looked simple enough and after searching online for tutorials and youtube videos, I was able to figure out how to do it.  It has taken me a while to collect all my supplies (heat tool, white tissue paper, candles, and wax paper) but I finally did and attempted my project.  I was very surprised by the results. 

I bought three white candles to go around my whirlpool tub in the bathroom.  I chose Early Espresso ink and some hemp twine for an accessory.  I picked out vintage type stamps to help tie into the paint color of the bathroom.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out.  Here are a few pictures of the final products.



I used the Very Vintage wheel on the first one, the Medallion stamp on the middle one, and a stamp from the Bliss set for the third.  You can see where I did the twine, and then on the medallion one I used a brad for a little bling.

Here is one tutorial I found on SCS.  There are also some good videos on YouTube if you search for "stamping on candles."

No comments:

Post a Comment