Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thanks for Everything


One of my goals in this new year is to take advantage of my new crafting space (read--I have to prove to my husband that it was a great idea to buy a bigger house where I could have the entire upstairs for all my crafting goodies....). Being a new Stampin' Up! demonstrator has also inspired me to create more, teach more, and blog more. I have tons of blogs I read on a daily basis and often tell myself "I could do this....I would call it cheap therapy!" So, here I go. I hope to make good on those three promises. Plus, having all these news toys and a place to play, I want to be more of an encourager this year. I love making cards, and yes, they are pretty to have hanging all over my room, but I want others to take joy in them as well. Here is to sending out more of my handmade things!

Today I made a card that was CASE'd from the January Stampin' Success magazine (page 16). I have had this stamp set (For Everything) for a while now, and have had tons of ideas on how to use it. It seems very versatile. When I saw this particular card, I knew I had to try it. Since I am still a newbie (mostly as a demonstrator, not necessarily to stamping) I had to improvise with some of the colors and products. While I still need to learn how to take great photos of my work, I don't think this card turned out too bad.

Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz
Accessories: Brights Buttons, blender pen
Non-Stampin' Up!: Yellow ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment