Friday, January 21, 2011

First Workshop

I am a little late in getting this posted, but Monday night I held my first workshop up in the Crafting Cave (read--it should be a "man cave" but the estrogen won out an I took over!). I have 7 beautiful ladies come and we made two great projects. The first was a monogram tile using Decor Elements from Stampin' Up! I ordered them in brown, bought 12 x 12 tiles at Lowes, and in about 4 minutes we had a beautiful project. I think they were very impressed with how it turned out. I kept hearing "wow...that is all you have to do?" and "that was so easy!"

The next project we made was a 3D treat box that could be used for Valentine's Day. For a tutorial on how to make this, click here. (I love all the fun stuff you can get on splitcoaststampers.com!) I used Whisper White CS, the I {heart} Hearts clear mount set, and inks in Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Basic Gray. I randomly stamped the CS, folded the box according to instructions, and tied it with Real Red ribbon. On the outside, I cut Real Red CS 2 3/4 by 2 3/4 and layered the pink cs 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 on top. I then stamped some cute hearts, cut them out, and added them using dimensionals. We also stamped a sheet of address labels with the stamp set, and used them to cover some chocolates. It added a cute touch and nice surprise for when you open the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment