Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Crafty Saturday

Well, after a snow day yesterday, and freezing temperatures today, I have had a bit of cabin fever.  What better way to cure it then to spend the day crafting.  We just bought our new house about 2 months ago.  There were a lot of great things about it that were move-in-ready, but in buying this house we have doubled our square footage and also doubled the space we need to decorate (read--more stuff I need to go shopping for!).  Our kitchen has a nice little eat in nook with a HUGE picture window looking out onto our gorgeous deck.  However, I have felt that it looked so naked.  While at Walmart of all places, I found some material that wasn't terribly expensive and since I couldn't find curtains I liked, I decided to make some.  Now, this is coming from the girl that can't sew!  Heat bond to the rescue!!  With some material, my trusty iron, and an hour and a half later, I had dressed my indecent kitchen window.  Not too shabby if I say so myself.





 Also this evening, I had to make a card for a baby shower gift.  I loved how it turned out.  I got to finally use a set that I have been dying to try.


Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive
Stamps:  Fox and Friends
Accessories:  Buttons (brights collection), adhesive, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment