Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Flowers

I grew up with my mom working in a florist.  Each year when Valentine's Day rolled around, I knew it would be about a week before I saw her again.  One very important lesson I learned from her:  never pay for flowers at Valentine's day.  They jack up the price because they know people pay it.  Take your $80 and spend it more wisely.  Thanks mom!

Having learned that, I decided to try a new project tonight.  Once again, being a sucker for a good tutorial, I checked out Sarah's Ink Spot Blog and found this.  It was so stinkin' cute!  So....here is my version...

I used some random card stock I had in a scrap drawer.  I cut the petals out using my Cricut, but I know now after all the trouble, I will be investing in the Big Shot flower dies found here and here and here.  I used some scrap ribbon for the bow, glue dots (love those things) to attach it, and using the stamp set "For Everything" made a card to attach from the front.  It is hard to see in the picture, but I also cut out leaves and stuck the bamboo skewers (stems) through them to help hide the chocolate bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment