Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break!

Some people chose to enjoy the beach in Florida for spring break, but I would much rather paint, sew, or create something--with the occasional cup o' coffee/read a book/take a nap break.  I have had a rather busy, but productive break.  Some of the things I have been working on are a surprise, so I won't have many pictures yet.  Here are a few things I have been up to:

Here is the before picture of my dining room.  Honestly, it probably doesn't look that bad (well, perhaps the light is a bit tacky) but the paint was flat paint.  There were tons of holes and scratches on the wall, and it just had to go.
 And these are the two after pictures.  I had the paint color matched to Stampin' Up's! Pear Pizzaz--which looks great on card stock.  However, I am not totally lovin' the color on the walls.  The pictures don't tell the real story, it is much more bright green/yellow than I wanted.

  
The second project involves this wonderful material I ordered from Fort Worth Fabric Studio.  I was so excited to play!  It is the Robotics collection by Moda.  So cute....and a soon to be something for my friend Amy.



 Third up is my new shower curtain for my bathroom.  Now, I wasn't thrilled with putting up a shower curtain, however, I couldn't take any more tacky brass fixtures.  (And FYI, our house was built in '97, so they must have gotten a great deal on all the tacky brass here!)  I found this cutie pie at Target.  And while it was kinda pricey ($30) I think it does wonders to brighten up the space and give my master bath a "spa" feel.
 And last, these are a set of cards that are going in a silent auction basket for an event in a couple of weekends.  They are a multipurpose set of cards that combines the In Colors, Bliss stamp set, and So Happy For You set.  I found some that were similar on Splitcoast Stampers and had to give them my own twist.  I think they are kinda cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment